T-Bone is a BeagleBone cape for motion control applications . It provides several hard- and software layers to create more powerful applications with less development effort. Easy expandable by additional capes for more axis, extruders, other actuators and sensors.
The T-Bone is using an UART port as interface to the BeagleBone. No need to access the PRU for real-time operations. On the T-Bone a Arduino-based controller is used to send, receive and buffer commands from the BeagleBone. Real-time motion control operations are done by dedicated motion control units.
- 5 stepper motor driver
- 6 inputs for end switches
- 3 inputs for incremental encoders (3 axis supporting closed loop control)
- 3 inputs for thermistors
- 1-wire interface for digital tempsensors
- 2 high power outputs (for extruder and heatbed)
- 2 mid power output (for fans, LEDs, …)
- Power supply for the BeagleBone (3.3V and 5V)
- Open source hard and software
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!