Use the Beagleboard as the central control station (host) of an expandable home monitoring system.
- Compact, wall mounted or portable design with touch TFT attached
- Web access to the monitoring / control application through wifi connection (control and monitor your home anywhere)
- Sensor alerts, scheduling of actuator activations, access to real-time sensor collection data.
- Communication with sensor/actuator device via Zigbee RF device
- electrical plug actuator (TV, lights... turn on/off scheduling)
- water flood /gas escape detector
- temperature sensor / heating actuator pair
- humidity sensor
- Theft detectors (IR camera based, air pressure change detection...)
- Water irrigation automation
- Sensor/actuator device will be 8bit microcontroller based (ATmega family). HW is arduino based, with custom software architecture.
- Those devices will be queried and managed by the BeagleBoard driven host, who will rise alerts, activate actuators and read sensors according to configured behaviour by user.