- Server capability
- all services (except VNC) to be launched through inetd so that they are started on an on-demand basis.
- http server for configuration pages
- ssh server (the ssh suite in particular including scp etc.. so that an ftp server can be avoided) for remote login and management.
- bootp server for bootstaping machines on my home network.
- VNC for GUI sessions :)
- CUPS for network printing
- NetHack server :D
- The term "tool control" here refers to automation of connected tools and Phase 1 of the project will demonstrate this by automation in home (eg. computer, printer, scanner on/off --> the contoller board with the relays is complete :) , these devices may be contolled over the internet or PSTN network ) The system will also be hooked to the home electrical network that will enable control over home appliances. A special mode called " Home Alone" will switch on/off lights randomly when no one is at home to give the illusion that the house is occupied ( and hence protect from thefts ). The current relay boards developed use a UART (for RS232 protocol) for control of the equipment but it is planned to use the CAN interface so that longer distances can be covered.
Phase 2 ( only after Phase 1 is completely functional :) )
- mgetty (for faxes) and asterisk may be added to the server.
- CAN interface for the controller nodes replacing the RS232 connections
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!