What is BeagleBone® Blue?
BeagleBone® Blue is an all-in-one Linux-based computer for robotics, integrating onto a single small (3.5" x 2.15") board the Octavo OSD3358 microprocessor together with wifi/bluetooth, IMU/barometer, power regulation and state-of-charge LEDs for a 2-cell LiPo, H-Bridges, and discrete connectors for 4 DC motors+encoders, 8 servos, and all of the commonly-needed buses for additional peripherals in embedded applications. Fully open source and actively supported by a strong community, the real-time performance, flexible networking, and rich set of robotics-oriented capabilities make building mobile robots with the Blue fast, streamlined, affordable, and fun.
Processor: Octavo Systems OSD3358
- AM335x 1GHz ARM® Cortex-A8 processor
- 512MB DDR3 RAM
- 4GB 8-bit eMMC flash storage
- Integrated power management
- 2×32-bit 200-MHz programmable real-time units (PRUs)
- NEON floating-point accelerator
- ARM Cortex-M3
- USB2 client for power & communications, USB2 host
- Programmed with Debian Linux
Connectivity and sensors
- Battery support: 2-cell LiPo with balancing, LED state-of-charge monitor
- Charger input: 9-18V
- Wireless: 802.11bgn, Bluetooth 4.1 and BLE
- Motor control: 8 6V servo out, 4 bidirectional DC motor out, 4 quadrature encoder in
- Sensors: 9 axis IMU (accels, gyros, magnetometer), barometer, thermometer
- User interface: 11 user programmable LEDs, 2 user programmable buttons
- Easy connect JST interfaces for adding additional buses and peripherals including: GPS, DSM2 radio, UARTs, SPI, I2C, 1.8V analog, 3.3V GPIOs
is the world’s most extensible low-cost open platform for learning embedded control & robotics.
Using Robot Operating System (ROS) with a balancing robot (EduMIP).
Connect a Bluetooth speaker.
Robot controlled webcam
Automatically start mjpg-streamer.
Add 2.4" LCD Connect and configure an Adafruit 2.4" LCD breakout board.See More Projects »
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
First step: connect your Beagle to this site
Hardware, Software and Ecosystem Discussion Groups
Collaborate and find support on the Beagle community forum
IRC Group Chat
Live chat with other open-source enthusiasts
- Bill of materials
- PCB source files
- Manufacturing files
- Schematic (PDF and source)
- System Reference Manual
BeagleBone Blue Overview
A quick exploration of BeagleBone Blue prepared for Embedded World 2017.
BeagleBone Blue Getting Started
Laura Hughes of Arrow walks you through the out-of-box experience along with several current quirks.
Educational Robots and Linux
Jason Kridner describes why educational robotics are critical for the future of Linux
BeagleBone Blue Webinar with Autodesk