The Fast Track for Embedded Machine Learning
Built on the proven BeagleBoard.org® open source Linux approach, BeagleBone® AI fills the gap between small SBCs and more powerful industrial computers. Based on the Texas Instruments AM5729, developers have access to the powerful SoC with the ease of BeagleBone® Black header and mechanical compatibility. BeagleBone® AI makes it easy to explore how artificial intelligence (AI) can be used in everyday life via the TI C66x digital-signal-processor (DSP) cores and embedded-vision-engine (EVE) cores supported through an optimized TIDL machine learning OpenCL API with pre-installed tools. Focused on everyday automation in industrial, commercial and home applications.
- BeagleBone Black mechanical and header compatibility
- TI AM5729 processor featuring 4 PRUs and 4 EVEs
- 1GB RAM and 16GB on-board eMMC flash with high-speed interface
- USB type-C for power and superspeed dual-role controller; and USB type-A host
- Gigabit Ethernet, 2.4/5GHz WiFi, and Bluetooth
- Zero-download out-of-box software experience
Frequently asked questions
- Is USB type-C only for power?
No, the dual-role controller offers USB 3.0 SuperSpeed connections at 5,000Mbps, over 10 times faster than USB 2.0 high-speed connections at 480Mbps.
- Will the board cost over $200 like BeagleBoard-X15?
No, the board will be around $100, despite having similar features. Much of the savings comes from fewer USB 3.0 ports, removal of SATA and PCIe and lower-speed board interconnect. The RAM is also reduced from 2GB to 1GB and from 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports to just 1. We feel this is a good tradeoff for many people looking to experiment. The additional flash and addition of WiFi can largely be covered by the newer design and larger expected sales.