Additional details to be announced. Production planned for this Summer (delayed slightly in support of other developments).
What is BeagleBone Blue?
BeagleBone Blue is the affordable and complete educational robotics controller built around the popular BeagleBone open hardware computer. With complete robotics education curriculum, barriers to learning and growing are completely eliminated.
Processor: TI AM3358 1-GHz ARMŽ Cortex-A8
- 512MB DDR3 RAM
- 4GB 8-bit on-board flash storage
- 2×32-bit 200-MHz programmable real-time units (PRUs)
- On-board flash programmed with Linux distribution
Connectivity and sensors
- Battery: 2-cell LiPo support with balancing, 6-16V charger input
- Wireless: 802.11bgn, Bluetooth 4.0 and BLE
- Motor control: 8 6V servo out, 4 DC motor out, 4 quad enc in
- Sensors: 9 axis IMU, barometer
- Connectivity: HighSpeed USB 2.0 client and host
- Other easy connect interfaces: GPS, DSM2 radio, UARTs, SPI, I2C, analog, buttons, LEDs
- Debian, Ubuntu Snappy, ...
- ROS, Ardupilot, Machinekit, ...
- Graphical programming, Cloud9 IDE on Node.js
- plus much more
BeagleBone Blue Introduction at CES
Tom Bewley of UCSD shares a brief introduction to BeagleBone Blue.
Quick BeagleBoard.org Overview
Jason Kridner gives a rapid introduction to BeagleBoard.org.